Who we are
At Adlib, we are redefining how the world manages and leverages unstructured information. As the global leader in Advanced Rendering technology, Adlib helps organizations in the Energy, Life Sciences, Insurance, and Banking sectors, among others, enhance content-centric processes by unlocking the value in unstructured content.
More than 5,500 organizations leverage Adlib technology worldwide. We help them to save millions of dollars each year by automating critical business processes, and we empower them to make intelligent business decisions by leveraging their organizational content.
Who you are
This is an opportunity for a master of critical thinking. It wasn’t too long ago you were completing your undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineer - and you got into that degree because, ever since you were a kid, you always found yourself asking why. You always wanted to take things apart to see how they work and put them back together to see if you can make them work more efficiently. You’re a detective, a problem solver and an innovator all-in-one.
Our new Customer Support Engineer will:
- Be a customer advocate. By providing first through third line support to customers, you’ll replicate issues, document solutions and track customer emails per standard operating processes. You will identify, diagnose and resolve basic issues related to licensing, configuration and/or use of their Adlib products.
- Solve technical issues. Your number one job is to help solve customer technical problems. You are the support team. The buck stops with you.
- Collaborate. You will work closely with internal team members and external stakeholders to manage resolution of cases from start to finish in a timely and efficient manner. This will include offering and seeking advice on hard to resolve issues and working as a team to achieve your goals.
- Be proactive. As you work on solving customer issues, you’ll proactively communicate with client and closely follow-up on issues to ensure a transparent and efficient line of communication with the customer.
Our new Customer Support Engineer has:
- The education. A diploma or degree in Computer Science or related experience.
- The experience. 2 years hands-on experience in a customer support role.
- The critical thinking skills. We need someone who’s able to take a problem and quickly map out a solution. If you don’t know all the answers - that’s ok - it’s how you think about the problem and steps you take to get the results you need that matter most.
- The technical knowledge. You have hands-on experience with:
- Microsoft Office Suite Products
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- MS SQL Server Administration & Database connection troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of SQL queries
- MS Web Services (SOAP, WCF)
- IIS configuration and troubleshooting
- Web technologies such as XML, HTML
- SharePoint workflow knowledge is an asset
- The customer savviness. Strong communication, relationship building and conflict resolution skills. You have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with anyone at any level.
What’s in it for you?
At Adlib, we wholeheartedly believe that maximizing work-life balance is one of the most important paths to high performance. To that end, in addition to an employee benefits plan, we also offer the following:
- Open-vacation policy
- Employee wellness programs
- Healthy office snacks
- Massage therapist days
- Lots of team sports including badminton and baseball
- Fitness membership reimbursement
- Participation in charitable events,
- and much more!
Adlib is located in Burlington, Ontario and many of our employees also enjoy a minimal commute which allows for maximum family and friends time.
What’s the career path for a Customer Support Engineer at Adlib?
- Senior Customer Support Engineer
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Professional Services Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Project Manager
How can Adlib get you there?
- Continuing Education Courses
- Training for Professional Certifications
- Presenting opportunities for team mentoring
- Network Administration and/or basic Programming Training
More about Adlib
We focus on 3 pillars of strength at Adlib. We use these core values to measure our success:
- Product innovation. We’re building solutions to client document and data management problems, organically and strategically.
- Customer relationships. We truly have a dedicated focus on creating a positive customer experience that stands out from everyone else.
- Engaged and passionate teams. That’s the most important to us!
Adlib Software is revolutionizing the way organizations think about their content - join us to be part of our growth. Express your interest here or follow us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Adlib encourages applications from everybody, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.